About The Economic Secretariat
The Economic Secretariat is a blog for aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking for in-depth reviews on popular network marketing companies, franchises, and other business opportunities.
From years of experience, we break down their business models and practices to see if they are a worthwhile opportunity for those who are trying to get their foot on the home business ladder.
This blog offers clear advice, transparent facts, and sincere viewpoints on various businesses to inform, motivate, and provide aspiring entrepreneurs with need-to-know information so they can make an intelligent and informed decision about where to invest their time, money, and skills.
Since a huge part of being a successful entrepreneur is investing in yourself and your education, we are offering one motivated undergraduate student a scholarship to help them on their entrepreneurial journey.
2020 Scholarship Award Amount
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester when they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Please write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay answering and reflecting the following questions:
- In what ways do you consider yourself an entrepreneur?
- What motivates you to work hard in everything that you do?
- As an entrepreneur, what do you view as “success” and what do you think it takes to become successful in 2020?
- Knowing that entrepreneurship involves a lot of ups and downs, describe the best example of you being persistent in the face of failure.
- In addition to your essay, please include a link to a video of yourself explaining your answers. The video must be 5-10 minutes in length and should act as a supplement to your submitted essay. Discuss the key points in your essay and just be yourself.
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be acceptable.
- Please complete and submit the scholarship form below.
How to Apply
Please complete the following form with the information outlined below:
The Young Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address For Award
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of Terms and Conditions
All applications must be submitted by October 15, 2020. A winning candidate will be selected and notified by October 30, 2020.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from The Economic Secretariat blog.
- Scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about The Young Entrepreneur Scholarship can be directed to: amber AT ecosecretariat.org.
- The scholarship award provided by The Economic Secretariat blog will be sent by check to the winning candidate’s college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants The Economic Secretariat blog permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and essay on EcoSecretariat.org or in other marketing communications, even if the candidate does not win the scholarship.
We are also granted permission to call and/or send you information regarding your application.
When you send email communications to The Economic Secretariat blog, we may retain those communications in order to process or respond to your inquiries or application as related to the scholarship.
By participating in this scholarship, you give us your express consent to confirm your admission and attendance at the college or university by contacting the institution for verification.
Terms and Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified and all scholarships are non-renewable.
By submitting an application to The Young Entrepreneur Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants The Economic Secretariat blog, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by The Economic Secretariat blog.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and possibly their video and essay on the EcoSecretariat.org website.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email and announced publicly on the EcoSecretariat.org website.