DCCU STAFFING ARRANGEMENTS
DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project Number and Title: AD/RER/01/C38 – Strengthening the Drug Control Coordination Unit (DCCU) of the Secretariat of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) – Phase II
Title of the post: Local Assistant
Duty station: Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Duration of assignment: 24 months
Scheduled starting date: Second half of 2002
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ECO Secretariat in consultation with UNDCP recruits the Local Assistant. Under the overall supervision and administrative authority of the ECO Assistant Director responsible for Coordination, and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the Local Assistant will undertake the tasks as described below:
- to assist the DCCU staff with the collection, management and dissemination of information, received from the national focal points and other relevant sources;
- to assist the DCCU staff in their interaction with relevant officials active in the field of drug control and responsible for the geographical area covering the ECO Member States;
- to assist in preparing the DCCU documents such as training report, annual meeting report and other relevant reports to be issued by the DCCU;
- to assist the DCCU staff in maintaining the website on drug control as and when it is established;
- to assist the DCCU staff in preparing financial and administrative reports as and when required;
- to undertake any other tasks according to the scenario and the spirit of the Project Document from time to time on demand and as desired by the supervising officials of the Project.
Several years of relevant professional experience at the national level. General acquaintance with the drug control issues.
High level of proficiency in English Language is required (both oral and written). Knowledge of other ECO region languages would be considered as an additional asset.
[Home] [Contact us] [Feedback] [Back]