DCCU STAFFING ARRANGEMENTS
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project Number and Title: AD/RER/01/C38 - Strengthening the Drug Control Coordination Unit (DCCU) at the Secretariat of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) – Phase II
Title of the post: Trilingual translator/Secretary (English, Farsi, Russian)
Duty station: Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Duration of assignment: 24 months
Scheduled starting date: Second half of 2002
Duties and Responsibilities:
As envisaged by the Project AD/RER/01/C38, the Support Assistant/Tri-lingual Translator is recruited to provide substantive support in operating the Drug Control Coordination Unit (DCCU) to be established under this Project at the Secretariat of the ECO. The Support Assistant/Tri-lingual Translator belongs to the staff of DCCU, is funded under this Project and is recruited by ECO Secretariat from one of the ECO member states or nationals from the Beneficiary States, in consultation with UNDCP Office in the Islamic Republic of Iran (Tehran).
Under the overall supervision and administrative authority of ECO Assistant Director, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the Support Assistant is responsible for inputs to the daily operations of DCCU. The Support Assistant is to perform the following concrete duties:
- to manage equipment for DCCU, as identified and recommended by the international consultant (tentatively, computer network, fax, photocopier, tools for basic training) and to be provided under this Project;
- to assist in organizing training programmes (fellowships, study tours, or any other meetings) of national drug control coordinators;
- to assist in operating a periodic reporting system between all ECO member states and ECO Secretariat on the evolving drug control situation in the region, emerging new trends, status of the national drug control legislation, and the priority drug control needs;
- to translate information, received from the periodic reporting system functioning at DCCU, and to assist in preparing the Reports on the drug situation in the ECO region;
- to provide follow-up and to attend to the Project's correspondence;
- to attend to other Project-related matters as required.
Several years of relevant professional experience at the national level. General acquaintance with the drug control issues.
High level of proficiency in English Language is required (both oral and written). Knowledge of other ECO region languages would be considered as an additional asset.
[Home] [Contact us] [Feedback] [Back]