DCCU STAFFING ARRANGEMENTS
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project Number and Title: AD/RER/01/C38 - Strengthening the Drug Control Coordination Unit (DCCU) at the Secretariat of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) - Phase II
Title of the post: Programme Officer
Duty station: Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Duration of assignment: 24 months
Scheduled starting date: Second half of 2002
Duties and Responsibilities:
As described in the Project Document, the Programme Officer - funded under this Project - should be either recruited from one of the ECO Member States or nationals of the Beneficiary States, in consultation with UNDCP Office for the I. R. of Iran (Tehran).
The Programme Officer is one of DCCU's staff, who is directly managing the operations of DCCU, established at ECO Secretariat under this Project.
Under the overall supervision and administrative authority of ECO Assistant Director, the Programme Officer is responsible for the daily operations of the DCCU and the overall punctual implementation of the activities of the project. The Programme Officer is to perform the following concrete duties:
- to manage equipment for DCCU, as identified and recommended by the international consultant (tentatively, computer network, fax, photocopier, tools for basic training) and to be provided under this Project;
- to report directly to ECO Assistant Director, who reports to ECO Deputy Secretary General on the activities of DCCU;
- to assist in organizing training (fellowships, study tours, or any other meetings) of national drug control coordinators;
- to operate a periodic reporting system between all ECO member states and ECO Secretariat on the evolving drug control situation in the region, emerging new trends, status of the national drug control legislation, and the priority drug control needs;
- to manage, analyze and disseminate information, received from the periodic reporting system, installed at DCCU, including the Monthly Reports and the Quarterly Consolidated Reports on the drug situation in the ECO region and to distribute these reports to ECO member states through ECO Secretariat;
- to store in DCCU's Data Bank the information obtained and generated by DCCU and to periodically up-date it;
- to act as the liaison officer between the various agencies, participating in the implementation of the above project, including UNDCP Office in Tehran;
- to provide follow-up and attend to the Project's correspondence;
- to prepare financial and administrative progress reports, related to the Project's implementation;
- to attend to other Project-related matters as required.
Several years of relevant professional experience at the national level in the sphere of international drug control affairs.
Acquaintance with the drug situation in the ECO region and with the functioning of a national mechanism for drug control.
Experience in participation at international meetings.
Perfect oral and written English. Knowledge of languages of the ECO region would be an asset.
[Home] [Contact us] [Feedback] [Back]